Sweet gooey and fudgy chocolate Brigadeiro coated in coconut. Gooey Goodness! Who doesn’t love chocolate and coconut together!?
What is a Brigadeiro ?
Brigadeiro (bree-gah-day-ro) is a classic Brazilian dessert, made with just 4 ingredients – Condensed milk, Cocoa powder, butter and chocolate sprinkles.
Traditionally, covered in chocolate sprinkles, but the beauty of these little festive treats is that you can dress them any which way you want. Making it a perfect treat for your cravings.
How to make Fudgy Chocolate and Coconut Brigadeiros?
All you need is 4 ingredients and you’ll have a dessert in no time!
- Cook the Butter, Condensed milk and cocoa powder in a pan on medium flame.
- Keep scraping and stirring the mixture for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture is gooey and takes 2-3 seconds to come back to its place, its done!
- Take it out to cool in a plate and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll them into balls and coat with your favourite toppings.
This recipe is extremely simple and quick, to satisfy your sweet cravings right away!
You can coat them with any toppings you like – crushed peanuts, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, crushed pistachios etc.
What is the difference between Brigadeiros and truffles?
Brazilian brigadeiro is soft, fudgy, buttery and smooth. It is made with condensed milk where as a chocolate truffle is made with chocolate and cream.
They can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for upto a week (if they last that long)
4 Ingredient Fudgy Chocolate and Coconut BrigaderioCourse: DessertCuisine: Brazilian
1 tbsp Butter
390 g (1 can) Sweetened Condensed Milk
45 g (1/4 cup) Cocoa Powder
½ cup Desiccated Coconut, to coat
- In a pan over medium flame, add the butter, condensed milk and sifted cocoa powder. Mix them well.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly, till the mixture thickens and is gooey. Its done when it takes 2-3 seconds for all that gooey mixture to come back to its place.
- Now remove the mixture from the pan and spread it over a plate to cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, grease your hands with butter and divide the mixture into 8 balls. Shape them round with your palms.
- Now, roll them well in desiccated coconut and place them on a plate. ENJOY!!
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!