This easy homemade pizza dough recipe is quick and so easy to make. Its all that you’ll ever need!
This homemade pizza dough recipe is perfect for a beginner since it does not involve being kept overnight and very high hydration (which gets difficult to deal with). It’s my go to recipe for a quick pizza craving and makes great pizzas.
Lean dough VS Enriched Dough
A pizza is usually made with a lean dough. A lean dough is one with no or very little fat content. Made with 3 main ingredients – flour, water and yeast. There is very little sugar and oil added in a lean dough compared to an enriched dough.
Like lean dough, enriched dough have flour, water and yeast but also have sugar, eggs, salt and any fat (butter etc.). Breads made with enriched dough tend to have a softer crust and less chewy crumb. Lean dough leads to a chewier crumb bread, making it perfect for pizza!
Dough before and after rising
This recipe can also be used to make bread sticks, pockets etc apart from pizzas. You can use it to make pizza dough breadsticks too!
Homemade Pizza DoughCourse: BreadsCuisine: American
29 inch Pizzas
This easy homemade pizza dough recipe is quick and so easy to make. It is all that you’ll ever need!
350 g Bread Flour/All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
2 tsp Active Dry Yeast
1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp Olive Oil
200-210 ml Warm Water (between 100-110°F, 38-43°C)
3/4 tsp Salt
- In a bowl, mix the granulated sugar, 50 ml of water and the yeast. Let this sit covered for 5-10 mins.
- In a stand mixer bowl with the hook attachment, add the flour and the yeast mixture. Knead the dough till it comes together, adding the remaining water gradually as per requirement.
- If kneading by hand, take the flour and yeast mixture in a bowl and knead for about 5-10 mins, adding the remaining water gradually and not all at once, to avoid an excessively sticky dough.
- Once the dough comes together, add in the salt and Olive oil. Continue kneading till the dough is soft and the dough is nit sticky anymore or a window pane test comes through. This should take about 20 mins by hand.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for an hour or until double in size.
- After an hour, punch down the dough and take it out on a floured surface.
- With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 10 inch disc.
- Lift the edge of the dough up to create a lip around the edges.
- Let the shaped base rest for 10 mins and with the help of a fork pork holes into the base, to prevent it from fluffing up and forming bubbles when it bakes.
- Top the base with your favourite toppings.
- Bake the pizza in a preheated oven at 430F/220C (deck oven) and 200C (fan)for about 20-25 mins.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!