Make delicious rich mugs of Hot chocolate right at home using this homemade Hot Chocolate mix. Perfect for the winter months and it makes a great gift too!
Its December, officially the Holiday season. Enjoy your holidays at home with the perfect cup of hot chocolate by making your own hot chocolate mix. Its rich, delicious and super easy to make.
How to make Hot chocolate Mix?
All you need is 4 ingredients which you are likely to have at home.
- Powdered Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Sugar (As per your taste)
All you do is place a large sieve over a bowl and sieve together all of the ingredients to get rid of any lumps. The better the ingredients you use, the better the result you get. Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder. The better the cocoa, the richer your hot chocolate. Store this mix in an airtight container and done!!! Enjoy Hot chocolate anytime. It makes a perfect drink for the winters.
Make Hot Chocolate..
To make a mug of homemade Hot Chocolate, place a couple of tablespoons of the Hot Chocolate Mix in a pot with a mug of water or milk. Bring this mixture to a boil and pour into a mug. Enjoy with marshmallows.
Store this mix in an airtight container for up to one year.
Try my other Made from Scratch recipes –
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Make delicious rich mugs of Hot chocolate right at home using this homemade Hot Chocolate mix. Perfect for the winter months. It makes a great holiday gift too!
200 g Powdered Milk
120 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Cornflour / Cornstarch
75 g Sugar (Optional)
- Place a large sieve over a bowl and sieve together all of the ingredients to get rid of any lumps.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make a mug of hot chocolate
- Add 2-3 tbsp of this hot chocolate mix to 1 cup (250 ml) of milk or water into a pan. Stir and let the mixture come to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and serve topped with marshmallows.
- For a creamy mug of hot chocolate use milk instead of water to make your hot chocolate. However since there is dried milk in the mix, if you do use water it will still be milky.
- The amount of sugar in this mix is entirely upto you. You can omit it completely if you like yours with no sugar.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!