A super easy and delicious NO BAKE cheesecake pudding that takes its inspiration from the Indian sweet ‘Kalakand’. Tropical, sweet and somewhat nutty coconut with floral rose and aromatic cardamom combined together in this easy Coconut Rose Cheesecake Pudding. Perfect for the festive season.
‘Kalakand’ is a sweet milk and cheese dessert popular in Northern and Eastern parts of India. This Coconut Rose Cheesecake Pudding is inspired by Coconut and Rose Kalakand that is infused with flavours of Coconut and Rose and makes a delicious treat for the festive season.
Ingredients for the delicious Cheesecake Pudding cups
This recipe doesn’t is a NO BAKE. You can simply mix some ingredients and have this ready in no time. All you need is some –
- Cream Cheese – This is the base to the recipe. I’ve used homemade cream cheese to make this pudding. You could use store bought cream cheese. Since the recipe is inspired by the Indian Sweet Kalakand, cream cheese becomes an important ingredient for similar taste.
- Coconut cream – Incase of no Coconut cream, you can also use 200g fresh cream with 50g coconut milk powder. I don’t recommend using Coconut milk since that will make the pudding very liquid.
- Condensed Milk – For sweetness and smooth pudding texture.
- Cardamom – Its a star in almost all Indian Sweets and adds warmth.
- Rose Water – Adds delicate floral aroma to the pudding.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a bright and citrusy flavor to all sweet.
- PATIENCE – After every thing is mixed and poured into cups. Patience is all you need!! The recipe needs to chill for at least 2 hours to be able to set well.
Store the cheesecake pudding in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Serve as required.
Like this recipe? Try some more festive recipes –
Coconut Rose Cheesecake PuddingCourse: DessertCuisine: Indian
Tropical, sweet and somewhat nutty coconut with floral rose and aromatic cardamom combined together in this easy Coconut Rose Cheesecake Pudding. Inspired from the Indian Sweet ‘Kalakand’.
540 g Cream Cheese, try homemade Cream Cheese
200 g Coconut Cream, see Note 2
400 g Condensed Milk
2-3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut powder
8 – 10 Cardamom Pods, seeds powdered
15 ml Lemon Juice
15 ml Rose Water
2-3 drops Pink Food Colouring
- To Top
50 g Shredded Coconut, toasted
1 tbsp Dried Rose Petals
Rose buds to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and coconut cream. Whisk well till fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and whisk till it blends well.
- Now, add desiccated Coconut powder, cardamom powder, lemon juice, rose water and food colouring. Mix well.
- Pour out the pudding into cups you want to serve them in and chill the pudding cups for at least 2 hours.
- In a pan, toast shredded fresh coconut till it turns slightly brown. Let it cool.
- Top the pudding with this toasted coconut and dried rose petals before serving.
- Refer to Weight Conversion Chart.
- Incase of no Coconut cream, you can also use 200g fresh cream with 50g coconut milk powder.
- Chilling the pudding for at least 2 hours is essential for it to set. DO NOT SKIP.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!