Easy and versatile peach crumble with tangy orange is a perfect dessert for you to try this peach season! This peach and orange Crumble is topped with crispy and buttery crumble topping, making it a perfect contrast to the soft peach filling. Yum!
Just Peachyyy!! The sweetness of fuzzy peaches and the citrus of the orange work wonderfully together in this recipe.
How To Tell If A Peach Is Ripe?
The best way to tell if a peach is ripe is by touch and smell, not colour. A ripe peach will have a fragrant sweet smell and slight softness when pressed. You can help ripen peaches by leaving them on the counter until they are soft or if you are not ready to use them when they are ripe, put them in the fridge. This will help preserve them.
Tips To Tailor Peach and Orange Crumble To Your Taste!
- Use more or less jaggery or switch to brown sugar or granulated sugar. Use less sugar if you are concerned about sugar;
- Try whole wheat flour instead of regular all purpose flour
- Increase the amount of orange peel or use orange zest instead
- Add blueberries to make a blueberry peach crumble
- Serve the peach crumble with whipped cream, yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
- This works best with fresh peaches but you could also use canned peaches.
How to Serve Peach and Orange Crumble?
Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Store the leftover peach crumble in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.
Like this recipe? Try more Fruity recipes –
Peach CrumbleCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Easy and versatile peach crumble with tangy orange is a perfect dessert for you to try this peach season! This peach and orange Crumble is topped with crispy and buttery crumble topping, making it a perfect contrast to the soft peach filling. Yum! Yum! Yum!
5-6 Peaches, sliced
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Jaggery powder
1 tsp Orange peels
- Crumble Topping
90 g All purpose flour
45 g Jaggery Powder
90 g Cold butter, cubed
3 tbsp Rolled Oats, optional
- Preheat oven to 190°C. In a large bowl, combine peach slices, jaggery, lemon juice and orange peels.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Jaggery/brown sugar and cold butter. Rub between hands till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour peaches and juices into a large baking dish. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over peaches.
- Bake until topping is golden and peaches are bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve warm with scoops of Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (optional)
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!