No bake and melt in your mouth kind of dessert. This Eggless Strawberry Caramel Custard is a perfect example of what a simple, easy homemade dessert is like and everyone, baker or not, can prepare this without any hassle.
This Eggless Strawberry Caramel Custard is a delicious blend of milky and fruity.
Tips for a Perfectly Set Pudding!!
- Use thick curd or hung curd to reduce the amount of water that goes into the pudding and for the creamy texture. Hang fresh curd in a muslin cloth to get water out.
- The mould used should be deep so that the boiling water doesn’t enter the mold.
- Seal the top with aluminum foil well to avoid water from getting in.
- Add enough water in the vessel to steam better.
You can store it for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Top with pistachios just before serving.
Like this recipe? Try more puddings –
Eggless Strawberry Caramel CustardCourse: Dessert
No bake and melt in your mouth kind of dessert. This Eggless Strawberry Caramel Custard is a perfect example of a simple homemade dessert with no oven required.
4 tbsp Granulated Sugar, to caramelise
380 g / 1 cup Condensed Milk
300 g / 1 cup Thick Curd
260 ml / 1 cup Whole Milk
400 g Strawberries, to top
- In a pan, add 4 tbsp of sugar and cook it while continuously stirring it on medium flame. Cook the sugar until it melts and it’s colour changes to brown. Once the colour changes, pour it the dish and swirl to spread evenly. Leave aside to set.
- Add fresh thick curd or hung curd and condensed milk to a bowl and whisk well. Add cold milk to the curd mixture and stir the mixture well.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the caramelised sugar layer and cover the top of the dish with aluminum foil.
- Preheat 3 to 4 cups of water in a vessel. Place the dish on top of a stand/ steel trivet in the vessel of boiling water to steam cook it, not letting the pan touch the water. Cover and cook it for 35-40 minutes on low to medium flame.
- After 35 minutes, take out the dish from the vessel and keep it aside to cool down. Once cool, run a knife through the sides to separate. Place a plate over the bowl, flip it upside down quickly and dab it using your hands.
- Store it in the refrigerator for an hour. Top with halved strawberries and serve it chilled.
- For extra strawberry flavour, you can add a spoon of strawberry crush/preserve to the cold milk before adding it to the curd mixture.
- The pan used to prepare the pudding should not be too deep, as that could lead to the pudding not setting/steaming properly.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love you to rate it below under ‘rate this recipe’ or in the comment section below. Thanks!